February 18, 2012 5 Comments
If you are new to this site…
I present my findings and interpretations of the lives and times of the Rig Vedic people, based on my ongoing analysis of the Rig Veda. The content is organized by five main themes – Composers of the Rig Veda, Tribes, Dynasties and Kings, Battles, Wars and Legends, Society and Lifestyle and finally the Gods and Myths of the people of that time.
I would recommend, you visit each of the pages listed on the menu at the top, starting with – The Rig Veda – A historical perspective. Reading the content of each of these pages would provide you a context and better insight into the breadth and depth of articles that are and will appear within each of the themes that the pages represent.
It is exciting and fun analyzing the Rig Veda – I get a Sherlock Holmes kind of high, trying to piece the puzzle together. I try to be as objective as possible and not bring the bias of my religion by birth (Hinduism) into my analysis and interpretation. I report it as I find it – good, bad, ugly.
I am neither a historian, an expert on religion or Sanskrit, so that is the BIG disclaimer for all readers. I am just an enthusiastic explorer desperate to uncover my past…
I hope you would want to share this journey and enjoy what you find along with way.
- The Rig Veda – A historical perspective
- Books & Composers of the Rig Veda
- Mandala IV – The Vamadeva family book
- Mandala V – The Atri family book
- Mandala VI – The Bharadvaja family book
- Tribes, Dynasties and Kings
- Battles, Wars and Legends
- Society and Lifestyle
- Science and Technology
- Worship of tools and weapons
- The Dawn of Mankind – according to Rishi Vamadeva
- Indianization of the Vedic people during the time of Mandala VII
- Elephantiasis in Vedic times
- Gods and Myths